How to Add Fall Decor into your Home
Fall is one of my favorite seasons to decorate in my home. Probably, because I am drawn towards neutral colored decor which really allows the textures to take precedence. For example, cozy cable-knit throw blankets and woven rattan, cane and wicker accents add a beautiful detail to any space. I like to keep things more simple and natural, before the entourage of glitter and flocking knocks at the door for Christmas.
Here are a few ways that you can add fall decor into your home.
- Place a seasonal wreath on the front door.
- Use traditional Fall accents like pumpkins, pinecones, acorns, dried corn, or gourds.
- Replace greenery in vases with leafy, textured and floral Fall stems.
- Decorate with natural materials like wooden bowls or rattan baskets.
- Replace candles and hand soaps with Fall scents like cedar wood or pumpkin spice.
- Add Fall themed pillows on sofas, sitting chairs or entryway benches.
- Swap out lightweight throw blankets for chunkier knit textures or cozier fleece, sherpa, or wool.
- Dress up the dining table with neutral decor and invite family and friends to share a meal.
- Add warm, metallic finishes like gold, brass or copper.
- Style a few seasonal vignettes with trays or glass cloches.
One of my favorite home decor shops, From: Susie, has a beautiful selection of handmade & vintage wood bowls and baskets. You can use code “CUTER10′ for 10% off anything in the shop. For example, I love this glass cloche with rattan base. It’s perfect for holding holiday treats or accentuating seasonal accents in your Fall decor.
Integrate natural elements and neutral colors into your home.
4 WAYS TO STYLE FALL DECOR IN LANTERN TRAYS
One of my favorite things to style seasonally is trays. This set of handmade lantern style trays, From: Susie, is perfect for creating seasonal vignettes with Fall decorations. From a centerpiece on the dining room table to coffee table decor, these trays are so versatile and great to have in your decor toolbox. Here are a few ideas to style them!
- Style a centerpiece with pumpkins and faux florals picks or leafy stems.
- Place a Fall scented candle on a riser with a vase of seasonal stems and an interesting object.
- Tuck faux Fall foliage into the tray with candlesticks and small art.
- Fill a wooden bowl with pinecones, acorns or mini pumpkins.
Shop lantern style trays at From: Susie and know you are supporting a female owned small business!
Thank you for stopping by the blog today, as I hop between sharing Christmas and Fall decor. Even though my house is just as confused as I am, it’s my favorite time of year. Either way, do what brings you joy.