5 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cookie
This pumpkin spice cookie recipe tastes just like a pumpkin roll, my husband’s favorite fall dessert! However, these are so quick and easy to make with only 5 ingredients. Consequently, these pumpkin spice cookies didn’t last long in our home.
It’s Fall. Consequently that means it is time for pumpkin spice everything, y’all! I have an easy recipe that even kids can make! Actually, my daughter made these pumpkin spice cookies by herself! All I had to do is plan the recipe and buy the ingredients! Then, taste test.
Let’s bake some fall desserts!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 15 oz can of Libby’s pumpkin puree
- 1 box of Betty Crocker spice cake mix
Tip: We used the Chicago Metallic textured aluminum large cookie sheet with great results. For instance, each cookie was perfectly baked even though they differed in size. In addition, the pan is easy to clean. You can buy it from Amazon, here. There are many options of Chicago Metallic bakeware from cake to pie pans, which I have recently switched to for all my baking.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 8 oz package of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 6 tsp of powdered sugar
- a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
Tip: If you cannot find pumpkin pie spice at your grocery store, order from amazon.
Directions for Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lay parchment paper on cookie sheets.
- Stir pumpkin puree and spice cake mix into a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Drop a large spoonful of cookie dough onto cookie sheet. If you want perfectly shaped cookies, lightly grease a spatula to round off the tops.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet 3+ minutes before placing on wire rack to completely cool.
Directions for Cream Cheese Icing
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperate for 10 minutes.
- Then, stir cream cheese in a medium bowl until it is smooth.
- Add 6 teaspoons of powder sugar and stir well. May add more or less to your liking.
- When cookies are completely cooled, spread the cream cheese over the tops of the cookies.
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on each cookie. Remember, less is more.
If you love this farmhouse fresh fall tablescape, read more about it here.
I love to bake, but I only like to make things that taste amazing and are easy to do. Again, these pumpkin spice cookies taste like bite size pumpkin rolls. This is a no fail recipe that you can whip up after school this Fall.
Be sure to check back this week for more favorite fall desserts. I am making apple turnovers using a handy Chicago Metallic pie pan set. I’ll link it here, so you have the secret weapon to making the best apple turnovers.