Simple Recipes for Halloween Food Boards
Enjoy these simple recipes for Halloween charcuterie boards. Food style boards are my favorite way to serve food at parties, because they include a variety of seasonal foods and favorite snacks. Therefore, it’s easy for everyone to find something that they love.
Tips to Create a Festive Food Board
- Choose colorful and seasonal food to fit your theme and make it look festive.
- Dip any fruit or cookie into white chocolate and use chocolate chips to add spooky faces.
- Include a variety of sweet, savory, and salty snacks that are both homemade and store bought.
- Use Halloween themed cookie cutters to cut sliced cheese, meat or cookies into fun shapes.
- Use cookie cutters or decorative bowls to hold nuts, seeds, or small candies.
- Start in the center of the board and work your way out to place food.
Sweet. Salty. Savory.
Suggested Ingredients for Halloween Food Board
For a general charcuterie style board, think of these food groups – sweets, nuts, fruit & veggies, cheese, meats and crackers. In addition, include dips and sauces depending on what you serve. For a fun twist, you can gear food boards to dessert, fruit or breakfast, too.
Cookies – Halloween Circus Animal Crackers, Oreos, Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Nutter Butter Ghosts
Candy – Pumpkin Reese’s, M&M’s, Gummy Worms, Candy Corn, Caramels
Popcorn & Nuts – Peanuts, Popcorn Balls, Chocolate Covered Popcorn, Pumpkin Seeds, Candied Pecans
Fruit & Veggies – ‘Pumpkin Oranges,’ ‘Banana Ghosts,’ Carrot Sticks, Moon Grapes, Dried Fruit, Pickled Vegetables
Cheese & Crackers – Assorted Hard & Soft Cheese, Flavored Crackers, Ghost Shaped Veggie Chips
Meats – Salami, Pepperoni, Prosciutto, Chorizo, Serrano Ham
For the recipes for Halloween themed ‘ghost bananas’ and ‘pumpkin oranges,’ head to this blog post. They are a healthy, fun addition to Halloween themed food boards or served individually on a ‘fruitcuterie’ board.
Then, save this post on your Pinterest board or Facebook page. Lastly, follow me on Pinterest to find more holiday recipes, crafts, and decorating ideas.
Amy Hallway ween boards were adorable. Thanks for sharing. ????