I am sharing our family’s recipe for cinnamon roll pancakes! Yep, I combined two breakfast legends into one! Not surprisingly, these pancakes taste amazing! But the best part is that they are so easy to make, too. Therefore, these pancakes are perfect for any time that you want to make breakfast extra special. Or, sweet, y’all!
Recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Cinnamon Roll Pancake
- 2 cups Krusteaz Pancake Mix – we love the protein mix
- 1 1/3 cup water
- cinnamon swirl mixture- recipe below
- cream cheese icing – recipe below
Cinnamon Swirl Mixture
First, mix the ingredients together in a squeeze bottle. Without lid, heat bottle in microwave for 30 seconds to ensure butter is melted. Then, replace lid and shake thoroughly.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 3 tbs softened butter
Cream Cheese Icing
First, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl using a silicon spatula. Next, stir until smooth.
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 2 tbs softened butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- First, heat pancake griddle to 375°F or medium heat. Lightly, grease griddle.
- Second, whisk pancake mix and water together according to directions on the box. Let batter stand 2 minutes while making cinnamon swirl mixture.
- Third, pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle. After 30-60 seconds, add the cinnamon swirl mixture in a swirl pattern in the center of each pancake using a squeeze bottle.
- Then, cook another 30 seconds on that side. Then, flip when the tops bubble and bottom is golden brown, approximately 1-1/2 minutes per side. Remove pancakes from griddle.
- Next, with a silicon spatula, smear cream cheese icing generously on top of a small stack of pancakes. Finally, add fresh fruit, if desired, and enjoy!
Love pancakes like we do? Pin this recipe for cinnamon roll pancakes. Then, check out how I styled a pancake inspired breakfast food board, Breakfast Ideas Kids Love. Lastly, leave me a comment to let me know your favorite breakfast food.