St Patrick’s Day Dessert
Lucky Charms Cereal Yogurt Parfait
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy, no bake St. Patrick’s Day dessert. It’s perfect for St. Patrick’s day because it is made with Lucky Charms cereal and the yogurt is dyed green.
This is a somewhat healthy dessert, because it is made with ‘fit and light’ greek yogurt. Plus, cool whip has hardly any sugar. Now, I know it isn’t as healthy as eating fresh fruit, but for an occasional holiday treat, I think it’s a good option. You can always use homemade granola or add just a sprinkle of the marshmallows.
What you need:
- 2 cups lucky charms cereal
- 8 0z cool whip
- 10 oz vanilla flavored yogurt (2 individual serving cups)
- green food coloring
- optional: cereal marshmallows
- dessert glasses
*Cereal marshmallows, without cereal, are from Amazon, here.
What you do:
- First, mix yogurt, 6 oz whip cream and 3-4 drops of food coloring into mixing bowl. Stir until blended.
- Next, add 1/3 cup of lucky charms cereal into parfait glass.
- Then, use a large spoon to drop in a layer of the green yogurt mix, plain whip cream, cereal and yogurt.
- Lastly, top with a dollop of whip cream and cereal marshmallows.
- Serve immediately to ensure cereal and marshmallows stay crispy.
These dessert glasses are a great buy from Target Dollar Spot for $3 last Spring. For example, they can be used for making ice cream sundaes, root beer floats or yogurt parfaits.
St. Patrick’s Day Dessert
These make a fun treat for breakfast or after school for St Patrick’s Day. However, you can change the food coloring to fit any occasion, even your favorite sports team. For instance, I would make this when my daughter has cheer tryouts to wish her good luck! Hence, the lucky charms cereal!
Please save this to your holiday dessert board on Pinterest. You can follow my dessert board, here. Most importantly, thank you for stopping by the blog today!