Enjoy these simple recipes for Halloween charcuterie boards. Food style boards are my favorite way to serve food at parties, because they include a variety of seasonal foods and favorite snacks. Therefore, it’s easy for everyone to find something that they love.
Tips to Create a Festive Food Board
- Choose colorful and seasonal food to fit your theme and make it look festive.
- Dip any fruit or cookie into white chocolate and use chocolate chips to add spooky faces.
- Include a variety of sweet, savory, and salty snacks that are both homemade and store bought.
- Use Halloween themed cookie cutters to cut sliced cheese, meat or cookies into fun shapes.
- Use cookie cutters or decorative bowls to hold nuts, seeds, or small candies.
- Start in the center of the board and work your way out to place food.
Sweet. Salty. Savory.
Suggested Ingredients for Halloween Food Board
For a general charcuterie style board, think of these food groups – sweets, nuts, fruit & veggies, cheese, meats and crackers. In addition, include dips and sauces depending on what you serve. For a fun twist, you can gear food boards to dessert, fruit or breakfast, too.
Candy – Pumpkin Reese’s, M&M’s, Gummy Worms, Candy Corn, Caramels
Popcorn & Nuts – Peanuts, Popcorn Balls, Chocolate Covered Popcorn, Pumpkin Seeds, Candied Pecans
Fruit & Veggies – ‘Pumpkin Oranges,’ ‘Banana Ghosts,’ Carrot Sticks, Moon Grapes, Dried Fruit, Pickled Vegetables
Cheese & Crackers – Assorted Hard & Soft Cheese, Flavored Crackers, Ghost Shaped Veggie Chips
Meats – Salami, Pepperoni, Prosciutto, Chorizo, Serrano Ham
For the recipes for Halloween themed ‘ghost bananas’ and ‘pumpkin oranges,’ head to this blog post. They are a healthy, fun addition to Halloween themed food boards or served individually on a ‘fruitcuterie’ board.
Then, save this post on your Pinterest board or Facebook page. Lastly, follow me on Pinterest to find more holiday recipes, crafts, and decorating ideas.